Muzaffar Razmi wrote for us:
“Yeh jabr bhi dekha hai taareekh ki nazron ne,
Lamhon ne khata ki thi sadiyon ne sazaa payi.”
Steps taken by SAES to suffocate Mirambika to death:
- Clandestine move to residential Ashram premises on 14th April. This move induced panic and some parents fell for the illegal mid-session MIS admission facility offered by SAES.
- Reducing Red Group intake to twelve (12).
- Delaying Red Group start of session till 1st July. As a result, some Red Group parents moved their children to other schools.
- Obtaining DOE ok for using the residential Ashram premises for school purposes. (We will be exposing the concerned DOE official/s in our next post/s.)
- Moving children to incomplete & unsafe Matri store premises on 1st July. This move induced more panic and some more parents fell for the illegal mid-session MIS admission facility offered by SAES.
- Obtaining DOE ok for using the incomplete & unsafe Matri store premises for school purposes.
- Firing of long standing parent volunteers Anita, Namrata & Pramilla.
- Making no comparable alternative arrangements to replace the fired parent volunteers Anita, Namrata & Pramilla.
- Shutting down Matri store to try and ensure that Mirambika stays confined to incomplete & unsafe Matri store premises.
- Planning to move out the kitchen / bakery to try and get fire safety clearance and thus ensure that Mirambika stays confined to incomplete & unsafe Matri store premises.
- Diverting the focus from moving Mirambika back to its pre April 14th location to how to adapt the Matri store building for a school.
- Threatening to withdraw the Diyas.
- Threatening to close the school down.
- Submitting an affidavit to AICTE stating that no school exists / shall exist in Mirambika’s pre April 14th location where the proposed AICTE approved engineering college would be established
- Contesting the DDA show cause notice against the proposed engineering college by stating that it has the right to establish the same.
- Ignoring the fact that neither the DDA show cause notice nor the DDA Chief Legal Adviser’s opinion questions the existence of Mirambika at its pre April 14th location.
- Lobbying everywhere possible using all means to defeat the struggle of the concerned Mirambika parents.
In light of the above, we need to consider the Intervention Application made by some of our fellow parents on 18th May, 2015 before the Delhi High Court [after the school at residential Ashram premises closed for Summer vacation on 15th May, 2015] with the following prayers:
(a) Allow the Application and implead the applicants as respondents in the present proceedings; and / or
(b) pass any other or further order/s as this Hon’ble Court may deem fit & proper.
The foundation for these prayers is laid out in paras 5 & 6 of the Application:
“5. The applicants state that the Petitioners have not brought out the correct facts before this Court. It is not correct to state that the decision to shift was taken clandestinely and without discussing it with the parents of the children studying in the school. It is submitted that multiple discussions were held with the parents in open General Body meetings on 29.3.2015 and 8.4.2015 and class wise meetings were also held with the parents on 11.4.2015 and 12.4.2015 apart from other informal meetings with different parents to inform them about the decision of the management to shift the school premises to new building. The parents were also informed the reasons for such a decision. The applicants were informed that because the running of the school in the present premises constituted violation of the Clauses of the lease deed which may warrant action from the competent authorities and since the school did not wish to breach the law, the decision was taken to shift the school to the adjacent premises. The parents / applicants also informed about the legal opinions obtained by the school management in this regard from reputed Advocates who had advised that running of the school from the said premises constituted violation of the lease deed since the lease deed made provision for running a College and not a school. The applicants have full faith and trust in the school management and they are fully convinced that the aforesaid decision is not inspired by any profit or other oblique motives but a genuine and bona fide decision to conform to the Clauses of the lease deed and therefore, they have no grievance at all and they are fully supportive of the decision of the management.
6. It is also submitted that the decision to shift the school to the
Ashram building was only an interim arrangement and the school will be run from the premises which are being constructed and renovated for the same purpose and the said building will be fully constructed and operational by 1.7.2015 when the school reopens after summer vacation. It is also pointed out that the applicants have inspected the present premises of Ashram building from where the classes are being held and they are fully satisfied with the arrangements done by the management. The applicants have no concerns about the safety, security, hygiene and other issues concerning their wards and that the management is taking all steps to take care of the children well. It is also submitted that the Ashram building is in perfectly good condition with adequate facilities for inhabiting the children which is clear from the photographs annexed hereto. The children have free access to the huge and sprawling play grounds and other open spaces in the entire premises and the applicants /parents have no worries on this account at all. It will be totally wrong to say that the safety of the children is affected in any manner and that the children have suffered stress and trauma on account of the shifting. Copies of the photographs are annexed hereto as Annexure A3.”
It appears that our fellow parent Applicants wanted to bring to the notice of the Court that the shifting of School was necessitated because:
(a) the running of the school in the present premises constituted violation of the Clauses of the lease deed which may warrant action from the competent authorities; and
(b) the school did not wish to breach the law; and
(c) legal opinions obtained by the school management in this regard from reputed Advocates advised that running of the school from the said premises constituted violation of the lease deed since the lease deed made provision for running a College therefrom and not a school.
Much water has flown under the bridge since this Application was made and things are much clearer for all to see now. In the interests of harmony and unity for the cause of our children, would our fellow parent Applicants now like to review their above stand (that which they held on 18th May, 2015) in the light of:
(i) DDA stand on the continuation of School, evident from the opinion of CLA of DDA fully endorsed & accepted by VC DDA;
(ii) Service of DDA SCN on SAES against the proposed college;
(iii) Discovery of new facts i.e. an affidavit filed by the Secretary of SAES before the AICTE stating that:
“It is further certified that on this land and building there is no .school running and nor is it proposed to open a School in future.
Lastly it is also certified that the building shall be used only for the purpose for which the land has been allotted by DDA and nothing else.”
(iv) The conflicting stand of SAES before the Court that the DDA threat was perceived only after the engineering college had been proposed and applied for.
In private conversations, many of our fellow parent Applicants have confirmed not having seen, read or understood the Application that SAES got them to sign. Many detest the fact that they got clubbed with some applicants who have business interests with SAES and or who have precipitated the crisis by spreading rumors and fanning divides. Many were lied to and have inadvertently portrayed those questioning SAES as liars by signing the Application they did not prepare or review. Despite their innocence, they now risk their names entering the permanent records of the Delhi High Court as those who supported the suffocation of Mirambika. These records cannot be erased and will stay in the public domain for all to see and comment. It’s high time that each of them withdraws from supporting something that s/he clearly did not intend to do.
If despite all of the above, some members of the Mirambika parent community still continue to stay neutral or support the 14/4 or 1/7 shift, we will have to ignore them for good and go all out without them in taking all actions necessary to protect Mirambika for their as well as our children and the generations to come.